- Apr 2017 to September 2017
- UI, UX, Wireframing, Prototyping
One the first challenges I encounter was that the prototyping tool the team was using was Axure, I had to catch up as I didn't touch Microsoft's Axure since 2011.
And I'm glad I did, it may not be the pretiest or the easier prototyping tool to use out there but sure it's one of the more powerful ones and the ability to work with real or simulated data is astonishing.
First project: Shipping
Working in the back office means designing interfaces that may be only used by a handful of people, opposite to what a consumer facing software may be.
That required a strong understanding and knowledge of the different parts of the business that would be interacting through this app, as Farfetch has a very stablished procedure, we needed to find the perfect solution for each specific process.
That required a strong understanding and knowledge of the different parts of the business that would be interacting through this app, as Farfecht has a very stablished procedure, we needed to find the perfect solution for each specific process.
Second project: Barcodes
This project goal was to design the different sections in charge of the creation and management of barcodes for the different products, this task is made by the different boutique managers across the world.
One of the biggest issues with the existing platform is that is was a very manual and tedious process as it involves uploading dozens or even hundreds or products at the same time, so the solution should streamline that process and make it more efficient and easy to use.
Third project: Inventory duplicates
In ocassions, when a boutique upload their products, there may be the chance that one or more of those products may exist already in the system, as they could have been uploaded and sent to production by another boutique.
This case is very important as sending an item to production that is already in the system means duplication of work for many people, so detecting these items early enough in the upload process was vital.
I wanted to make the duplication detection and correction simple and move visual so I designed a tool that will compare potential duplicates and give the user easy tools to correct such duplicates or remove them altogether if necessary.
Some of the prototypes were:
- Shipping timeline
- UX Patterns
- Visual design guide
- Expandable pieces of code
- Linked files
Exploring filtering ideas
I made this small prototype during a meeting when a colleague was presenting a piece of work and were some discussions around the filtering functionality, during that discussion, we quickly made this to consider it as alternative.